Updates

• Added info on Jimmy Ford, thanks to Volker Houghton. • Extended and corrected the post on Happy Harold Thaxton (long overdue), thanks to everyone who sent in memories and information! • Added information to the Jim Murray post, provided by Mike Doyle, Dennis Rogers, and Marty Scarbrough. • Expanded the information on Charlie Dial found in the Little Shoe post.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Merle Haggard R.I.P.

For those you don't know yet...

Country music star Merle Haggard died on April 6, 2016, at the age of 79 years. One of the pioneers and biggest starts of the Bakersfield Sound, Haggard will be remembered for hits like "The Fightin' Side of Me," "Oakie from Muskogee" or "Mama Tried."

Read more at hillbilly-music.com.

1 comment:

Ever Lovin' Oven Browne said...

I'll never forget him. Back in the mid 80's I used his song "I Think I'll Just Stay Here And Drink" as my lead in to the news because it has such a long outtro (over two minutes if I remember rightly) giving plenty of time for station ID (WQAM Miami Ft. Lauderdale)and promos at the top of the hour.